Saturday, June 15, 2013

Evelyn gets a taste of my childhood...

Having grown up in Amelia, there was one summer tradition that I was excited for Evelyn to experience, The Starlite Drive-In!  Thinking she would sleep soundly in her pumpkin seat during a movie, Chris and I had the not-so-wonderful idea of taking Evelyn to see Man of Steel, the new Superman movie over Father's Day weekend.  For those of you that know Chris and I well, you would be proud to hear that we arrived an hour and a half early to the movie because we knew it would be crowded.  We had fun showing her around...as much as you can show a 3 month old, and we took pictures of her at her first Drive-In experience.  All was going well, but as it grew closer to her bedtime, it became pretty clear that she was not going to be able to sleep.  Needless to say I spend 3/4 of the movie sitting in the car with her trying to get her to fall asleep.  Finally, at 11:00, three hours past her bedtime, she fell asleep.  In anticipation of the crankiness ahead of us the next day, we didn't stay for the second feature!  Although we wouldn't do it again at this age, we enjoyed the night, and it marked a fun memory for Chris's first Father's Day weekend!

 Chris was getting Evelyn ready to see her first Superman movie!

No comments:

Post a Comment