Thursday, January 9, 2014

Another Decade Older!

Well, as of January 9th I officially ended my twenties and was welcomed into my thirties by my friends and my family.  Evelyn and I spent the day playing with some of her Christmas toys.  I also caught her on video shuffling across the fireplace mantel! 
Later that morning I got a huge surprise from my long-time friend, Jodi.  She has been one of my closest friends for as long as I can remember, and she surprised me with a dozen chocolate covered strawberries from Edible Arrangements!  Thank you so much, Jodi!  You made my day so special :)
When Chris got home from work we opened gifts and headed to Kenwood to walk around and pick up dinner to go.  We came home and watched a new movie that he bought me while we ate our carry out.  It was a relaxing day and so fun sharing it with Chris and Evelyn.
 The following day we headed over to my parents' house for dinner, cake, ice cream, and gifts.  My mom made lasagna, which was fantastic, and a lemon cake per my request :)  After dinner, Chris and I left Evelyn at my parents for her very first night away from us!!  It was necessarily what I wanted to do because I would miss her, but it seemed to work out considering we needed a babysitter that night.  While my parents watched her, Chris and I went to Latitudes for a small night out with a few work friends.  It was nice to have a small group where we could actually talk and catch up.  
Evelyn was watching my dad play songs on his guitar.  I think this was her first time hearing/seeing a guitar.
 It's crazy to think I'm 30 years old, but if I stop to see where I am in my life, I have to smile because I couldn't ask for anything better.  I have been blessed with a good job, wonderful neighbors and friends, a kind, compassionate husband, and the sweetest, most smiley, beautiful little girl.  

No comments:

Post a Comment