Monday, August 25, 2014

Last Days of Summer Vacation...

Today is my last day of summer vacation!  It was always tough as a student when the reality came true that summer was officially over, but I've never experienced it from the other end as a teacher!  It's still just as hard....  This year brings a huge transition for me in many ways!  Tomorrow I will be starting as a Third Grade teacher at Immaculate Heart of Mary School!  Not only will I be back to work full time, but I will also be saying good bye to Evelyn each morning, something I haven't had to do before.  I've already teared up a few times thinking about it, but I feel blessed that she will be with family two of the five days throughout the week.  We've also found a great at home sitter just a few minutes from our house.  

I wanted to make the last few days special with our family, so Chris and I took Evelyn to the Aquarium.  We haven't been there for awhile, so Evelyn had fun taking it all in.  She waved to the fish and loved when I made fishy faces at her.  She and I also spent some time in our neighbors pool.  She loved floating around on the raft that she called her "but" (boat).  

I'm going to miss her so much, but I think it will make the time that I see her that much more special!

No comments:

Post a Comment