Last nights and naps in her bassinet
To help make the transition easier for everyone, we began lying Evelyn in her crib for naps. At first, she would wake from her naps and cry, which is very unlike her, but after a few days, she realized where she was and woke up her normal smiling self. On the evening of May 19th Chris and I started her normal bedtime routine by changing her, feeding her, reading her books, and saying her prayers, then put her in her crib for her first night in her nursery. Evelyn did wonderful through the night; I however, was hypersensitive to every sound and wiggle that she made. I think I checked her video monitor more throughout the night than I actually slept! Each night has been better and better with Evelyn used to her surroundings and Chris and my room back to normal.....now if only we could get Carter used to me going down the hallway and in and out of Evelyn's room each night at 2:30am without him thinking it's morning and wanting out of his crate! He's quite confused, but hopefully, like the rest of us, he will adjust as well!
First bedtime in her crib!
Other naps and nights in her crib. As you can see, someone has found her thumb!! Since Evelyn has been with us we have noticed a few occasions where her thumb is in her mouth. We have tried to substitute it with a binkie, but we find that she spits the binkie out, and puts her thumb right back in her mouth. I'm not sure how we will break this habit; I guess we'll cross that bridge when we get there!











No comments:
Post a Comment