Sunday, May 12, 2013

Happy Mother's Day!

This May was really special to me because I was able to celebrate my first Mother's Day with my little family.  Chris started the day off so nice by making me breakfast while Evelyn and I got ready for church.  Due to celebrating with my family around lunchtime, Chris, Evelyn, and I went to 10:00 mass at St. Thomas More.  As long as I can remember during the Mother's Day Mass the priest always asked the mothers to stand for a blessing.  It was so meaningful to me to be able to stand during church while holding Evelyn as Fr. Wagner blessed all of the mothers.  It's a tradition I'm looking forward to continuing.

After church we celebrated Mother's Day with my side of the family.  We grilled chicken and cheeseburgers at my parents' house with my grandma, aunts, uncle, and cousin followed by opening cards and gifts.  After lunch we drove to Chris's side to celebrate with his mom, dad, grandma, and Greg.  We enjoyed our afternoon watching a movie, eating dinner and opening gifts.

  
 
After our day with extended family we headed home to celebrate together with just the three of us.  Evelyn sat with me while I opened cards and gifts.  Chris found a really fun card where he could stamp Evelyn's hand print as her signature; it will definitely be a card that will be saved.  They definitely treated me so well with a gift card to Spafinder.com so I can get back into my yoga, a book about mothers and daughters, and a necklace to remind me that I am always in their hearts.

I loved celebrating this holiday with my family.  It means so much to me to be Evelyn's mom and gives me a deeper appreciation for my own mom and all that she has done for me over the years.     

No comments:

Post a Comment