This September Chris, Evelyn and I were given the opportunity to join our friends, Katie and Kam Hau at their family's condo in Palmetto Dunes, Hilton Head. We, of course, jumped at the invitation and packed our bags to head out on September 7. We rented a mini van, and it's a good thing we did because we filled it to the max! Evelyn did surprisingly very well on the 12 hours drive to South Carolina! She got a little fussy towards the evening, but we stopped to put on her jammies and got her ready for bed in her car seat.
We made it! Pictures below are of the lagoon behind our condo and the beautiful Spanish moss.
Our first day we headed to the beach and enjoyed the beautiful 85 degree, sunny weather! Evelyn was a bit cranky due to the long day before; so she didn't last very long in the ocean.I caught a baby lizard while we were out for a walk.
Later that night we went out to Wise Guys for dinner, and Evelyn sat in a big girl high chair for the first time!
Katie and Kam took a day trip to Savannah on Tuesday, but Chris and I decided to stay behind in order to give Evelyn a normal routine day of naps and play. It worked out well because it happened to be Evelyn's 6 month birthday!! The three of us headed to the beach bright and early for some 6 month photos by the ocean. It's hard to believe it's been half a year with this sweet little girl!
Six Month Highlights:
* I can roll from my back to my tummy, then roll on to my back again
* I am wearing 3-6 month clothes and a few 6-9 months clothes
* I like to make raspberry noises with my mouth
* I like to chew on everything
* I can hold my bottle by myself
* I get sad when Mommy and Daddy are not with me
* I sleep with a small blanket in my crib
* My favorite song is the Itsy Bitsy Spider
* I am starting to pull myself up to my knees!While Evelyn was taking her nap, Chris rode his bike up to Walmart and bought a fishing pole. He spent the rest of the morning fishing in the lagoon, where he made a new friend, Al. From Tuesday to Friday, Chris caught over 20 fish!
Throughout the rest of the trip Chris and Kam caught fish and fed them to Al. Take a look!
Later that afternoon, Chris and I took Evelyn to the pool where she tried out a raft and the baby pool.
The rest of the afternoon Evelyn played; then Kam helped her get ready for bed.
It was a bit cloudy on Wednesday so we packed up the van and headed to Plantation Dunes to see the Light House and the Salty Dog Cafe.
We made sure to go to the ocean and pool on our last day in Hilton Head. Evelyn was loving the beach and the ocean and had a great time swimming in the pool with Katie and Kam.
We had a really great time on our vacation; it was especially nice to share it with such great friends! Thank you, Katie and Kam, for inviting us to share your Hilton Head vacation! We look forward to years of memories ahead :)















No comments:
Post a Comment