Tuesday, November 19, 2013

A Pigtail Kind of Day

One memory of my childhood took place every Saturday morning during the spring and summer.  My mom worked as a lab technician on the weekend, so my dad stayed with Katie, Alex, and I.  My dad coached my sister's softball team, so Alex and I tagged along and played in the woods or in the gravel during the practices and games.  Before heading out to WT Ball Field, I remember sitting on my parents' bed with the Bob Vila show playing in the background while my dad would spend about 30 minutes parting my hair perfectly down the center and putting in two perfectly even pigtails.  Many pictures of m childhood display these pigtails, and it is a trademark of my dad that I won't forget :)
As Evelyn's hair gets longer and longer I try to mimic these pigtails, and I had to get this day documented because they were almost perfect :)


No comments:

Post a Comment